Monday 5 August 2013

A bit about psychology...

Well I was thinking about making a post about some insights on some kinds of behaviors.I will talk about 2 topics:stubbornness and leadership.

Well stubbornness.I used to be stubborn myself when I was a child to be honest.I still am sometimes when I feel it is the right thing or when I am around other stubborn people(I prefer not to be around them though).However even though I know that some positive stubbornness sometimes can help me progress in life,I have also learned that it can mislead me,which might eventually end up in bad decision making.That is why I prefer not to be stubborn when I am not around stubborn people.I have become a bit more easy going and like to stay cool.I also learned that sometimes it is easier to achieve my goals by other means.I understand the reasons why stubborn people are sometimes criticized.Basically it is because they are hard to deal with.However you should know that sometimes there are people who are stubborn even to themselves.Basically people who enforce their personal rules to themselves to a point where it might become ridiculous for someone who does not understand them(most people in this case).Some fictional and comedic characters which could be good examples for this are Barney Stinson from how I met your mother and Sheldon Cooper.Just look at this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgWYSdva8Jo

Now I want you to put yourself kind of in the head of such a person...

...Yeah,pretty terrible isn't it?I hope that now you feel for those people.
Basically most stubborn people kind of soften once they spend enough time in a non stubborn environment.For most stubborn people it is very probable that they inherited that from their childhood family.

I hope this will help you deal better with stubborn people.Or how to deal with your own stubbornness

Now about leadership.First I will tell you about my personal opinion about it,then I will tell you about the one thing a leader needs.

Basically this is how I prefer it:
1)A leaderless group of people
2)I am the leader
3)Someone else is the leader

Yes,I prefer no.1 because,it is the most rewarding one of those.To be able to trust someone that you will have fun with him and that he is a person of enough quality that he does not want to lead and does not want to be lead is a reward purely by itself.I would even say it is the pinnacle of peaceful cohabitation between people in the modern world.It is nice to be around people who can do the more or less right thing without being told so.It is true they are still human and can do mistakes but still...

Why don't I like no.2?Because being the leader is a burden I do not want.Why?I will tell you later.

Why don't I like no.3?I guess I am kind of a rebel...

Now,let's talk about no.2 again.Let's split leaders into bad and good leaders,but not on their ability to lead,instead we will organize them on the justification of their leadership.What is the most important quality a good leader has and a bad does not have?It is responsibility.Basically a good leader takes responsibility both for his decisions(especially for that) and for the actions of his subordinates.That is a cold hard fact in my opinion.If you are not man or woman enough to handle this  then don't be a leader.A bad leader is usually a selfish egoistical,primitive bastard,and not the funny type or the one who is actually a good person behind a facade.There are situations when I take leadership,but as I said it is not what I prefer.I could handle a bad decision which affects my life more than it affects the lives of others,but I could not handle a decision which almost ruined someone else's life more than mine.I don't think I could look in the eyes of that person or look myself in the mirror for a while if I did something like that.I believe that is the right mindset for a leader.

Is this running away from responsibility?No.A responsible person knows when something is too much responsibility,that is also part of being responsible.

Well I hope you liked my little insight into this.

No comments: