Sunday 18 August 2013

Once read can (not) be unread :P

This is an early morning post,which is quite rare for me.Lately I have become a night being.Well that is what happens when you are a college student during the winter/summer vacation
Last week of course there were many anime that I have watched.But the I will just give short reviews of four of them that were the best.Those were:Neon genesis evangelion,Puella magi Madoka magica,Mangirl(no it's nothing perverted) and Denpa teki na kanojo.

First Neon genesis evangelion.It is a classic from 1995.Of course since it is too old it would be unfair to criticise the graphics and sound quality.But for 1995 they seemed quite good,since obviously my eyes did not bleed out.The real strong point and perhaps the only weak point was the story.The story started greatly as it really pulled me in in the beginning,now spoiler warning.After that the story kind of started having 'monsters of the week' and at that point I was already waiting for the finale which...wasn't that good.It wanted to push the story towards some kind of existentialism but it failed in doing that.

The story is about a boy with a destroyed family who was tasked with saving the world against his will.

But still NGE was a good watch and now I know why many people consider it a classic.

Now about Puella magi Madoka magica.Since I have already watched quite many anime,I found myself puzzled why I did not watch that many magical girl anime?I mean seriously there are so many of them and yet I have almost completely ignored that genre up until now.So I tasked this anime with hooking me up with that genre.And I was expecting something colorful and happy.I was also hoping it would not be too girly for a manly man like myself.And yes it did hook me up.And no,it was not colorful(except the animation which was colorful) and happy,rather the story was quite delightfully dark.And no it was not too girly.The animation was splendid,except the characters heads looked a little bit like boxes(I don't know if that was supposed to be cute,but it failed).
The sound was great,especially the background music.
The story was the strong point here,really it was more dark and serious than I expected it to be.I liked the characters,all of them were so elegant,especially Mami.

As you can expect the story is about girls being magical girls.
This anime might be the best one of those 4.

Mangirl is nothing perverted.It is a story about 4 girls starting their own manga publishing magazine.Manga+girl.It is a comedy slice of life show with each episode lasting 4 minutes(intro included).Despite that they showed some of the processes of creating manga.It is maybe a little similar to Bakuman.
The animation quality was actually quite good.I did not notice anything bad in the sound.
Even though it was a slice of life comedy the story was actually progressing.The characters were likable.

Denpa teki na kanojo is  mystery anime,that is one of my favourite genres,and of course it did not disappoint.The story is about a cute weird girl falling in a really weird love with the toughest delinquent in town and the two of them solving crimes.The girl has the brainpower and the guy has the manpower(meaning I could replace the both of them hahahaha :) ).It is a OVA with 2 episodes lasting about 45 minutes.In the first episode they are trying to solve a serial murder case,and in the second they are trying to solve a case which could turn into a murder case.The animation and sound were good but nothing spectacular.

No comments: